I finally pressed the top I made earlier this week so I could wear it today! It is made from the same fabric I used to make my leggings for my Star Wars Bounty Hunter costume. I got the fabric from Fabric Mart several months ago. The original plan was to make a fall dress with it since it is a medium/heavy weight knit. But then the color was just too perfect for my costume and I used it for that and this top. I still have a yard left though.
For this I used New Look 6875, which I have made once before. The first time I made it I thought for sure I would make a ton of these as it was a great basic that required so few alterations. But I never did. I really wish I would have because it is so quick and easy.
My only real dislike is the seam in the back. I am not a fan of the look of it, but it does make it fit so much better there. Not that you could guess that from the wrinkles that are happening here.
I do love the neckline. It is just low enough for me to not feel stuffy, but still covers enough that I do not give a show. The gathers at the center front are very flattering too! I am going to try to revisit this pattern a little more often.