So very very late in posting, I know! I didn’t do much of any sewing last month though. The sewing that I did do didn’t even happen until the very last day of February. But I did do some and it did stick with my sewing resolutions! I made two versions of McCall’s 6844. Everyone has been making such awesome versions of it since it came out last year that I thought I better jump on the tail end of this train.
I am not going to post a review on PR because there 48 other reviews and quite frankly it is such an easy pattern there is nothing really to say about it.
I did make two versions though. For the first one I made view C with the peplum out of 2 yards of crepe knit from the stash. I got it from Fabric Mart in 2012 so I am glad to have used it!
The second version is my favorite though!! It is view B. I used 2 yards of a navy and white striped Hacci sweater knit that I got from Girl Charlee Fabrics back in December, so it is from the stash as well. This is what I made for #BlueFebruary. I did a hell of a job matching the stripes.
On a side note, if you have not ordered sweater knits from Girl Charlee, you are missing out! I love this fabric. It is light weight and super soft. I cannot wait to order more from them. Too bad I have given up buying fabric for Lent.
I also used 3 1/4 yards of muslin to make Eric a muslin sport coat. It was a failed attempt! I am terrible at welt pockets. So I am setting it aside. I cannot say if I will get back to it. The thought of the amount of work that will go into the whole thing is a bit on the overwhelming side. This coming from the girl who will hand sew over 4700 pearls on to my next ren faire costume.
With that muslin I used a total of only 7 1/4 yards of stash fabric. On the plus side nothing new came into the sewing space, so I count last month as a win.
Up next is my March of the Shieldmaiden costume!