So here it is, very nearly mid-April and I have yet to post about the awesome sewing I did last month. To be honest, I haven’t even photographed any of it yet. So this will be a mostly boring post without pictures of the cool things I did. I did do quite a bit of sewing though. I started work on a Star Wars costume for a client/Eric’s friend. I patterned out pants, a new version of the undertunic I did for Eric’s costume, a new overtunic with epic hood and a new tabbard pattern. I made muslins of all four. The pants and the overtunic I finished to make them wearable for Eric. See, his friend lives in Alabama so I made the muslins in Eric’s size so he could show the client when he went down to visit two weeks ago. Yeah, I made these things nearly three weeks ago and still no pictures!
While Eric was down there I did sew my Shieldmaiden costume for March of the Shieldmaidens. So far I have just the dress done. I still need to make my apron and beaded strands for it. I plan on wearing this costume when we go to the ren faire this year.
I also did make the two Summer Concert tees that I actually blogged about already! I’ll count that as a win. Here are my stats for this past month.
2yds printed knit – STASH (Concert tee)
2yds burnout knit – STASH (Concert tee)
2 3/4yds black woven – STASH (costume pants)
4 1/2yds muslin – STASH (undertunic muslin)
4 3/4yds muslin – STASH (overtunic muslin)
4 1/4yds hunter green moleskin – STASH (Shieldmaiden costume)
For a grand total of 20 1/4yards of stash fabric out and nothing, and I mean NOTHING, came in. Not even a bit of free fabric made it into my house this past month.
Giving up new fabric acquisitions for Lent was the best decision I could have made. There are a few piece of fabric I have been eyeing in various places but I have done very well so far this year. So well, in fact, that I am confident I can really curb my fabric addiction this year. I do know I at least want to buy some fabric when I am in New Orleans because that is my kind of souvenir and I will probably go out on Black Friday in November like normal. Other than that I may allow myself to buy a few more yards, but I really want to focus on making a sizable dent in my stash this year. Being a quarter of the way through the year and 48 yards used, I think I am well on my way to being able to use 200yds in a single year. I think that will be my goal for the rest of the year.
I have already started this month out great too by using 6 1/2 yards so far. Some of which I just cut today for my weekend projects. Hopefully I will be in a photogenic mood next week that I can take pics of the new stuff I have patterned and sewn.