I love this dress! The biggest change I made was that I used a knit instead of a woven like the pattern calls for. Because of this change I eliminated the zipper and made the dress a size smaller than I normally would.
I eliminated the facing around the neckline in favor of a narrow turned and stitched seam finish.
I also had to make a minor adjustment to the center front. Much like when I made Simplicity 1804, the neckline of S1801 was way too low cut for my preference.
To solve that issue I took my center front seam up 2.5″. When taking it up, I ended up taking out about 5/8″ more.
Taking it up definitely helped. I am much more comfortable with this neckline.
The best part of this pattern is that it has pockets! I think all dresses I make should now include pockets.
I ended up using 3 yards of purple and tan sparkly heathered ITY knit from Fabric Mart, $3.00. For the underlining I used half yard of black swimwear lining from Jo-Ann’s, $4.59. Total cost for this new maxi is $7.59. Pretty darn good in my book. Oh and all 3.5 yards of fabric came from my stash. That brings my total stash fabric used this year to 49.25 yards.
You can read my full review on Pattern Review.