While watching the Broncos get trounced in the Super Bowl tonight I decided to do my January Round-up. I had quite a productive January. I made two garments for Jungle January, which was a blast this year! I love that February is now Ferocious February too. I have a couple of other projects that I have to complete first but if I can get them done before the end of the month I will definitely be making something for Ferocious February.
So, what all did I accomplish this month? Well lets start with fabric totals.
This month I brought in 36 1/2 yards. I got 3 1/2 yards of black swimwear lining from Jo-Ann’s to line maxi dress I made this month, but more on that in a moment, and 8 yards of a cool royal blue for costuming purposes that I got for free. I also made an early purchase from Fabric Mart when I was snowed in and they had an amazing sale on chiffon and charmeuse. I ended up with 25 yards of fabric.
3 yards white with yellow print charmeuse.
7 yards of hunter green polysatin moleskin
6 yard free mystery bundle (not pictured)
The charmeuse is going to be a future coat lining, not sure what yet, so for now it is stash. The moleskin is for my March of the Shieldmaiden costume next month. The coral polka dot will be an amazing Archer sometime soon!
I used 13 3/4 yards and gave away 14 yards for a total of 27 3/4 yards out. That leaves me with + 8 3/4’s of a yard for the month. I am working hard to be in the negative for February. It is hard to keep the fabric purchases in check, but I am getting there.
The fabric that I did use included the 1 1/2 yards of leopard burnout for my Snow Leopard tunic that I posted about a couple of weeks ago.
I also made a new maxi dress to wear on my New Orleans trip in June. I made it now for Jungle January. I used 3 1/2 yards of a zebra/tiger print with a metallic leopard print over top stretch swimwear fabric with 2 1/4 yards of black swimwear lining. I used McCalls 6700. This is the first time I have made this pattern too. Yay for patten stash busting. Check out my review of PR of the pattern. Side note, I am for sure wearing jeans and boots under this dress. It was only in the 20’s a and snowy covered when I went outside to take the picture today.
I also used 3 yards of plaid flannel for pj pants with pockets for Eric and 3 yards of the heart flannel for pj pants for myself. The pink horses and purple/gray print were UFO’s that I finally finished. These were intended to be Christmas presents for family 2 years ago that I cut out and never made. Well it was time to get them out of my sewing space!
Lastly I used 1/2 yard of mouse printed sweatshirt knit from Girl Charlee Fabrics to make a new infinity scarf. I love it! I debated making leggings for my nieces but I got a little selfish and decided I could not part with it. This was my first purchase from Girl Charlee and I really like their stuff. I will be purchasing from them again.
For February I do not have a lot planned, just one quick and easy project for me and one super indepth, challenging and time consuming project for Eric. The big project is going to force me perfect my welt pockets and mens’ tailoring, which make me super nervous. I have put this off long enough, time to make it happen.